Old 09-02-2003, 02:02 PM
Pete The Gardener

Default Hydrangeas

On Sun, 9 Feb 2003 11:07:25 +0000, Judith Lea
wrote:

Hello Iris, my soil is not acidic so what can I do to make them turn a
brilliant blue? I do feed with Miracid but it doesn't make them turn
colour.

There are one or two proprietry products that will do it, sorry, I
can't remember any names, but sequestered iron will do it as well. I
use a trade product called Ironite, but since it comes in 25Kg bags
it's probably a bit overkill for most people;-) Go for the cheapest
option you can find, all you need is something to acidify the soil a
bit.
--
Pete The Gardener
A room without books is like a body without a soul.