Old 06-12-2005, 12:05 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Phil L

Default Don't prune your lavender!

Mike wrote:
I leave my Lavenders unpruned during the winter, birds enjoy the
seeds and the cover. When at last I do prune them I throw the
prunings down on the greenhouse floor, untidy maybe but the smell as
you move about the greenhouse in the winter is wonderful
kate

and still going on the birds feeding from the seed, have noticed the
Goldfinches on the Budliea(?) and in the last couple of days, the
Sparrows and the Bluetits on the FatBall

A big fat Rattus Norvegicus was eating mine this morning and it's six feet
up.