Old 06-12-2005, 09:25 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Kate Morgan

Default Don't prune your lavender!

snip
bay leaves are good and walnut leaves all much better than man made
perfume, in my opinion that is, bonfire smoke, grass the list goes on
and on :-)

The smell of bay is *wonderful* and I use that in church flower

arrangements
at Christmas time, as well as in the house. Its bonus is that it gives a
subtle olfactory nudge of the mind towards bread sauce and roast turkey.

;-)
I've never noticed the scent of walnut leaves - that will be a mission for
tomorrow! New mown grass, bonfires and for some reason, the scent of
just-extinguished candles, fireworks and matches. I must be a closet
pyromaniac!

I'm glad I'm not the only one who thinks walnut leaves smell lovely :-)
Mine has shed all its leaves now in the bantam paddock and smell wonderful
as I tread on them.

Brilliant :-)
Today there will be people pottering about smelling leaves :-)))