Old 06-12-2005, 02:00 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
michael adams

Default gates.

"landscapeadvice" wrote in message
oups.com...
ADVERT to Readers.

I have 2 gates that are treated softwood fitted with gulvaniized gate
furniture and are pedestian size the overall entrance size excluding
the posts is 6ft as the gates are 36 inches each.They stand 48 inches
high. These are secound hand and are surplus to requirements.I have
had them for two years.They are 5 bar and are little used. I live in
the Bristol area and am willing to photo them and send e-mails to
interested parties. I need some one to make me a sensible offer.

Without wishing to appear unduly facetious, this NewsGroup attracts
contributions and readers not only from throughout the U.K including
the Highlands and Islands, but from abroad.

Presumably the cost of postage or carriage on a pair of gates would
negate any price advantage any purchaser would obtain by buying from
you on a NewsGroup. Certainly when compared with what they would have
to pay at a local garden centre.

These items would seem to require local pickup. Or personal delivery
for a small charge perhaps. For which a small ad in a local paper or
Bristol free sheet if such exists, would seem the most the most suitable
medium. Or maybe a local Bristol South West Newsgroup - if such exists.

For similar reasons I doubt if eBay would be of much use to you.

michael adams