Old 06-12-2005, 04:27 PM posted to rec.gardens.orchids
Al

Default OrchidWiz CD

I think I would like to offer an alternative good business model idea. This
is just my opinion. Perhaps a bit of free help installing the software on a
non-standard system is enough expense to incur in order to make the customer
happy. Giving away the perfectly good software in addition to the free help
is an extravagant expense and is probably not a policy he will be able to
maintain AND keep the price of his product reasonable. All expenses of the
business endeavor will have to be offset by income from somewhere. Somebody
will have to pay for them. And that's just to break even.

Perhaps he considers this initial deployment a kind of testing phase and is
being liberal with his efforts and product for his first few customers as he
irons out the bugs they find in it. But eventually the price per unit will
have to cover these expenses as well. Every thing a business gives away has
to be paid for by somebody. And that's just break even.

I wonder why the price is going up? ;-)

Al,

PS, if he is charging money for his software program then he should probably
expect to pay for the pictures he is using to help sell it. And of course,
if he has to pay for the photographer's work that are helping to sell his
program then that will also have to be reflected in the sale price per unit
of the software. On the other hand, I am sure he can find plenty of orchid
photographers who are willing to help him put food on his table by giving
away their work just for a photo credit. Just an opinion....

I should probably have kept my mouth shut. A good idea, I always seem to
ignore.

"K Barrett" wrote in message
wendy7 wrote:
Thanks for the info Reka, I think I will go ahead & get it too.
Keep posting, would love to hear more about it.

better hurry, price goes up jan 1.