Old 06-12-2005, 10:12 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Janet Baraclough

Default Import of plant from USA

The message
from "Mike Lyle" contains these words:

Thanks for the really productive discussion on what I had been naive
enough to imagine might have been an interesting subject, guys.

On my server, there has been an extensive discussion of the subject
you raised. Since your name recurs throughout it seems unlikely you
missed it.

Plant import is not the only issue which has arisen during the course
of the discussion. As usual, there was lying garbage from a troll whose
only purpose was to disrupt, abuse and antagonise.

Some people here feel that the survival of this newsgroup is what makes
it possible to discuss any horticultural issue, and to that end it's
important to rebut troll attempts to disrupt threads and undermine the
group.Those who care about that, probably think "sheesh" every time you
naively encourage trolls by conversing with them, and help them evade
killfiles by quoting their drivel .

Janet