Old 06-12-2005, 11:10 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Sacha

Default OT German speaker

On 6/12/05 19:40, in article ,
"Phil L" wrote:

Sacha wrote:
On 6/12/05 17:33, in article
, "Phil L"
wrote:

Sacha wrote:
Does anyone here speak good German? If so, would you be willing to
translate a couple of short emails back and forth between us and
Pillnitz gardens? If so, please email me at

I don't speak German but I do have this programme which is very good:

http://www.translation.net/systran_professional.html

If we get botanic, which we might, would it cope with that, in your
experience?

It should do yes although I can't garuantee it, you can post a sample text
or something here and I will translate it to German and then translate it
back to English for a test if you wish, although IME of this, the
re-translation is never the same as the original though much better than
online translating tools.

Thanks, Phil. As a sample then "We think that the Camellia we have here was
planted by Edward Hyams at least 50 years ago and customers of ours, who
have seen both are convinced it is the same as the one you have at Pillnitz.
When it next blooms, we propose to take photographs to send to you and also
to cut off some small, flowering branches and send them to you by the
quickest possible method."
--
Sacha
www.hillhousenursery.co.uk