Old 06-12-2005, 11:35 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Mike Lyle

Default Import of plant from USA

Janet Baraclough wrote:
The message
from "Mike Lyle" contains

these
words:

Thanks for the really productive discussion on what I had been

naive
enough to imagine might have been an interesting subject, guys.

On my server, there has been an extensive discussion of the

subject
you raised. Since your name recurs throughout it seems unlikely you
missed it.

Ah, I'll search GG. I've been away.

Plant import is not the only issue which has arisen during the
course of the discussion. As usual, there was lying garbage from a
troll whose only purpose was to disrupt, abuse and antagonise.

Some people here feel that the survival of this newsgroup is what
makes it possible to discuss any horticultural issue, and to that

end
it's important to rebut troll attempts to disrupt threads and
undermine the group.Those who care about that, probably think
"sheesh" every time you naively encourage trolls by conversing

with
them, and help them evade killfiles by quoting their drivel .

I don't think I replied to any trolls in this thread. I talked for a
while with one member who got impenetrably irrelevant, but I don't
think he's a troll.

--
Mike.