Old 07-12-2005, 09:58 PM posted to rec.gardens.orchids
Rob

Default rotting phal roots

Ray wrote:
Unless I go with Semi-Hydroponic culture (details at my website), I either
use sphagnum or a mix of 50% CHC and 25% each coarse charcoal and #4
perlite.

That is also the mix I use for most things. Although for phals I have
moved entirely to a peat mix. Full circle...

I've started adding diatomite to my coconut mixes. In place of perlite,
or in addition to.

--
Rob's Rules: http://littlefrogfarm.com
2a) See rule 1