Old 08-12-2005, 11:47 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening
La puce

Default Figs--Tell me how--Please

Rupert wrote:
I have had a potted fig for many years. This year 2 figs and they were
superb (the first ever, apart from fruitlets) . How do I make it more
productive in West Yorkshire?
No I will *not* move it to Devon or Cornwall.

You had 2 good ripened fruits?! So what did you do to get these? Is
your pot against a wall? People think it's the sun that rippens them,
but in fact it's the warmth and the length of the warmth they get. I
was wondering the other day if 'day length' had something to do with it
too. After all, to force flowering, we use longer day light. How
wondered if it would work on fruits, moving them in and then out of the
light.