Old 08-12-2005, 03:21 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
curly

Default Thin Hedge suggestions

I've got a square piece of low quality lawn that I'm planning to put a
wooden shed on. The lawn measures 10 x 10 feet. Its surrounded on two
sides by a 3 foot fence. I'm planning on leaving a gap of about a foot
between the shed and the fence on these two sides to grow a bush to
cover the sides of the shed. I would like this bush to deter the local
brats from climbing up on to the shed so I'm thinking along the lines
of berberis and holly.

I'm wondering are these suitable for the small space I'll be providing
for them to grow in (that foot of space between shed and fence). If
not, what other prickly plants could I use.

Cheers,

Paul.