Old 08-12-2005, 11:41 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Padger

Default Sick pot plant

"michael adams" wrote in message

"cas" wrote in message

I have a Shefflera Trinette house plant which is shedding its leaves at

rate of about 6 a day.

snip
Yes I agree about the temperature changes being the most probable cause but
would still check for other possibilities such as vine weevil or red spider
mite though my schefflera has stood in the porch for at least 4 years now
and is subject to cold when the door is left open with no adverse effects
and also no insect damage ever noticed.
The only problem we encountered was our guinea pigs would eat all foliage
they could reach. They seemed to love it as a snack so they got given the
occasional leaf as a treat.