Old 09-12-2005, 06:23 AM posted to rec.ponds
~ jan jjspond

Default Rec.Ponds

Actually, if it looks like the loonies are running the place, it's just
because it's winter and there's not a lot going on with our pond right now!
Come spring I think you'll see a lot more postings from the "regulars"
Kirsten

Yup, I agree. Currently my screens are frozen to the ground along with the
rocks that hold it down. I'm so glad I planned ahead this year an installed
the stock tank heater when I put the screens on with the plug out to the
very edge. Otherwise I would have had a devil of a time with the screens
frozen all the way around. We haven't been above freezing for 2-3 days now,
and with ponds in the shade, no heat gain at all. ~ jan
~ jan/WA
Zone 7a