Old 09-12-2005, 01:10 PM posted to rec.gardens
Dwayne

Default Heating

In addition, if the barrels are the same height, you can lay boards over on
top and use them for a shelf. I saw this idea at the Botanical Gardens in
Cheyenne, WY. When asked, our guide said that the night before, the heater
came on only once when the temp got down to between 20 and 25 degrees F.
That building is much larger and they had drums stacked three high along the
North wall, and a single layer along the south wall.

Dwayne

"Chuckie" wrote in message
oups.com...
I have bubble wrap insulation covering the north and south walls and on
the east and south walls to bench height.
I think I will try the barrel and water idea.
The dimensions of the greenhouse are 12W x 20L x 8H.
Chuckie in the frozen north zone 5