Old 10-02-2003, 02:23 AM
Rodger Whitlock

Default OT Red squirrel

On Sun, 09 Feb 2003 10:30:45 +0000, sacha
wrote:

Rodger, do you have the black squirrels on VI that I saw in Vancouver
itself? Beautiful!

No, but among those I've trapped and deported to a happier life
in a park have been two with significantly darker coats than
normal. (Happier because free of the psychic stress of me glaring
at them as they dig in my cyclamen beds.)

I can't tell you if the black squirrels in Vancouver are grays
gone to the dark side or some other, possibly native, species,
but if curiosity starts to drive you mad, I will find out.

--
Rodger Whitlock
Victoria, British Columbia, Canada