Old 09-12-2005, 03:51 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Sacha

Default Sign of the garden centre times........

On 9/12/05 10:58, in article , "Judith
Lea" wrote:

In article , Janet Baraclough
writes
Hard to believe isn't it. Urg is also (sadly) missing Jill, Pete
and Tim from back when.

and what about the French's, lovely couple who I met at Kay's urg meet
and where is Jane Ransom, a wonderful contributor to urg and who also
sent me a personal urg badge with gold slippers on. I miss Cormaic
(Tony) very much, he was the most amusing, straight-talking but honest
person, I met him, Mrs. Taz, Slug Boy and their daughter, whose "pet
name" I can't remember now (Pest Girl?)

Pester Girl, I think. I hear from him occasionally and I'm sure Kay is in
touch with them regularly. But Cormaic is just too busy to spend time at
urg, I think. Shame. And I think Jane just got fed up with the way urg was
going, unfortunately - too many trolls and rude people about, though I have
the impression we're beginning to see the wood as well as the trees!
Chris and Helen are up to their eyes in their gorgeous anklebiters, so
probably not much computer time is available to them but Chris posted here a
while ago, I think. Alan has been posting lately.
snip
Jim seems to have returned to us, as has Jill, I hope! BTW, shouldn't that
badge have had one gold slipper - and a chamber pot? ;-) I think you
should re-tell the chamber pot story one of these days, it really was a gem.
I remember that it sparked an unfinished (AFAIR) discussion about putting
some of the best and most amusing 'urg moments' onto the webring.
--
Sacha
www.hillhousenursery.co.uk