Old 09-12-2005, 04:27 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Judith Lea

Default gates.

In article , Spider
writes
Obviously, I
didn't intend to mislead, hence my subtle declaimer. Janet, I'm sure, meant
well. I hope she will forgive me if I say she has a habit of .. er ..
coming to the point :-). Many of us do that and, indeed, there are worse
crimes.

Janet is a plain speaker and I for one respect that - she certainly does
come to the point but with her I know exactly where I stand and I know,
for a certainty, she would never mis-quote me nor would she ever infer a
half-truth which in my book, is the same as lying.

To err is human; to forgive,divine.

She certainly does that too, as I found out when I was new to urg, I
made the most stupid remarks, I did the most stupid things (yes, I still
do) and she never berated me but only helped with good advice - I think
if we, as posters, ask advice, then we should gracefully take that
advice and not seek to be smart with the person giving the advice, after
all, Janet and many others like her; go to the trouble of imparting
their skills in gardening by replying to the postings and I am so
grateful to them that they do. Keep up the good work and in particular
Janet and Sacha, Kay and Jane and all of you who have given me sound
advice too numerous to mention.

--
Judith Lea