Old 09-12-2005, 05:21 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Sacha

Default gates.

On 9/12/05 15:28, in article ,
"Spider" wrote:

La puce wrote in message
oups.com...

Janet Baraclough wrote:
Please don't post misleading information. The charter of this group
(easy websearch) explains exactly what advertising is permitted, and
when and how.

Please don't be so rude. You've misquoted Spider's post. She said 'I'm
sure someone will pop up and give a better definition'.

Thanks, La Puce, for politely intervening for me.snip

I took Janet's comment to refer to the snarky remarks we've seen here from
people who don't know - or perhaps don't care - what the advertising
situation is. In truth, the charter makes it perfectly clear and it's worth
looking at. It's in the abc for newcomers message which is posted weekly
and is extremely helpful. That makes it clear what is and isn't permitted
or welcomed on urg. I doubt the gates advert could upset anyone, however.
But perhaps I'm wrong..... ;-)
--
Sacha
www.hillhousenursery.co.uk