Old 10-12-2005, 04:24 AM posted to rec.gardens
Doug Kanter

Default Moon vine seed

"Chuckie" wrote in message
oups.com...
Ipomoea alba Calonyction
That is the latin name I have for the vine
Chuckie in the frozen north zone 5

OK. I asked because that's normally called Moonflower. While poking around
the web, I noticed the term "moon vine" used as a common name for Datura,
which almost passes for Ipomoea, except it doesn't have the drop-dead
gorgeous smell. There are blue Datura, so if all you want is the visual
similarity, they might do the trick. If you need the scent, too, keep
searching.

Back to Ipomoea: This site mentions a purple one, and a source:
http://davesgarden.com/pf/go/31933/