Old 10-12-2005, 12:59 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Spider

Default gates.

Janet Baraclough wrote in message
The message
from "Spider" contains these words:

Janet, I'm sure, meant
well. I hope she will forgive me if I say she has a habit of .. er ..
coming to the point :-). Many of us do that and, indeed, there are

worse
crimes.

Here's two points you may have missed.

You have been here long enough to know that trolls here constantly,
deliberately post misleading trash fantasy to confuse and deter newbies.
Particularly, about the group, it's charter, permitted advertising, etc.

One of the "worse crimes" you mention, must be aiding and abetting the
agendas of troll disrupters. Either deliberately, or out of dim
thoughtlessness.

Janet

Hi Janet,

I'm afraid I have no idea who you are calling a troll in this thread, so
perhaps I am dim and thoughtless. If you think I am a troll, you must say
so, and I will leave the group. I certainly never intended to either
mislead or offend. Thankfully, La Puce read my post in the way I intended
it and I sincerely hope others did, too.

In saying that there are "worse crimes" than "coming to the point" I
certainly wasn't being rude to you (or about you) - rather playing down the
"rudeness" tag that La Puce levelled at you in her kind defence of me. I
actually respect bluntness and "coming to the pointedness". Coming from
Yorkshire - the Bluntness Capital of Britain - I have often been 'accused'
of the same trait. I have also been accused of being a diplomat, being easy
to live with, teaching without patronising, and having the patience of a
saint. I hope you will understand from this that I do not now, nor never
have gone out of my way to cause offence or make anyone uncomfortable - I
see little point in it and it gives me no pleasure or satisfaction.

I hope I have satisfied any concerns you may have. I would be grateful for
your response so that I may quit the group or continue within in it.

Spider