Old 10-02-2003, 11:29 AM
Druss

Default surround the roots with a non-perishable barrier ?!

wrote in message
I fancy planting some bamboo.

The text says " surround the roots with a non-perishable barrier "

What do you green fingered gurus recommend?

I dont want it in tubs. Should I bury large plastic crates and plant
in there? If so, what about drainage? If I make holes for water to
get out, so will the roots !

Help!

Thanks all..!!

There are numerous, clump forming, bamboos available, many of these are not
at all invasive and will quite happily sit in their own little corner of the
garden anyway, just pick one whose eventual size matches the area you have
available.
Duncan