Old 10-12-2005, 05:02 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
June Hughes

Default Bird Seed Feeder OT

In message , Judith Lea
writes
In article , June Hughes
writes
I say 'Maudlin' but it could be pronounced as written. I don't think it
makes any difference how you pronounce it as long as people understand
you. There are enough people in this world who think they are better
than others because they were born with a bit of money and land that
their ancestors stole from Jo Public hundreds of years ago.

It's Magdalen as in Mary Magdalen

Yes, I have discovered that now from Sue. I shall remember in future.
We used to visit Cambridge frequently and there it is 'Maudlin'.
Strange.
--
June Hughes