Old 10-12-2005, 06:48 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
June Hughes

Default Bird Seed Feeder OT

In message , Rusty Hinge
2 writes
The message
from June Hughes contains these words:

In message , Rusty Hinge
2 writes
The message
from June Hughes contains these words:

I love Loose's shop, although their big shop closed down.

Who's Lucy?

Is Loose's a shop I ought to know about?

Not unless you are into cooking and stuff like that. It's in a small
yard, up a short alley, next to a cafe, set behind the road across from
Debenhams. A lovely, light building with lots of glass. Was taken over
by some of the staff (not gospel but something of the sort) earlier this
year. The manager there is extremely helpful and they sell some lovely
things.

Well, I'm into cooking and stuff like that: indeed, I am molishing large
quantities of pressed ham and chicken ATM, from bacon hocks and chicken
carcases from which the breasts, thighs and drumsticks have been
removed. (the village butcher keeps the latter for me, gratis.)

A by-product is stock which you can carve when cold, and chunks of which
bounce...

I know the place. Most of the stuff doesn't go with the kitchen in my
end of terrace onetime farmworker's cottage innit. I didn't unforget
that was its name thobut.

What's wrong with an end-of-terrace? I live in a mid terrace but that
doesn't stop me liking good stuff. I had a huge house with several
acres of land before I changed my life for a better one. The only thing
I miss is the chickens and if I wanted to I could have them here in
London. (If I told you I lived in a mansion, no-one would know any
different but if that was the case, I probably wouldn't need to do any
cooking
--
June Hughes