Old 11-12-2005, 05:35 PM posted to alt.home.lawn.garden
Frank Rosenbaum

Default cub cadet w/341 snow blower..twisting belt..

OK, I think I understand. One is verticle and the other is horizontal?
Is the belt long enough to make a figure 8 around the pulleys and idler.
Some times that is the way to change orientation of a belt.

"02B12S" wrote in message
k.net...
The "v" of the Idler and PTO Pulleys are orientated 90Deg. to each other.
belt comes off idler, rotates 90Deg, then goes over the PTO pulley,
rotates 90deg to go over the other idler, then onto the driven pulley on
the snow blower.. So I don't see how a straight edge would work.

Thanks
JJ

"Frank Rosenbaum" wrote in message
Check the alignment of the pullies. If one is slightly off center with
the other, it could cause the rolling.

Take a straight edge yardstick and place it in the groove of one pully
and see if it sits in the groove of the others.

"02B12S" wrote in message
k.net...
OK.
I recently obtained a Cub Cadet 2160 with a 42 inch snowthrower
model 341, It was purchased from a Estate sale of a neighbor who died
suddenly of a heart attack.. This machine has 66 hrs on it, and has
eaten PTO belts with the snow blower attached since it was new. What
happens is the belt twists on the idler pulley so it rides on its side,
and blows the belt after a few storms.

I got 5 belts with the purchase :^) but have now gone through
them all, Belts have been installed correctly, (according to the
manual and picture showing the belt twists through the idlers and onto
tie PTO pulley.. Everything looks like it lines up ok. Just the belt off
the idler feeding the PTO, does not untwist under load causing the belt
to lay on its side? any ideas??

Thanks
02B12S