Old 12-12-2005, 02:36 PM posted to alt.home.lawn.garden
Dave Balderstone

Default Stalling snowblower

In article , Frank Rosenbaum
wrote:

Thanks for your thoughts, Srgnt. Don't forget that it sat all summer without
any gas additive, even though I ran it dry last spring.
I had the shroud off yesterday and there was no obstruction of the choke. It
moved with the lever.
When it dies, it is almost as if I pushed the throttle lever to the off
position. Nothing will keep it running. But if I push the primer button
three times, it will start right up again.
As an addendum, I put the gas that was in the can into my car, and bought a
fresh can and tried to use that with some gumout. It was no help. I will try
again this morning.

Are you sure you put the gas cap back together properly? I wonder if
there's a vacuum forming in the gas tank that's srestricting the flow
of fuel...

Try loosening the cap slightly and see if it stalls then.