Old 12-12-2005, 06:59 PM posted to alt.home.lawn.garden
Frank Rosenbaum

Default Stalling snowblower

"Dave Balderstone" wrote in message
tone.ca...
In article , Frank Rosenbaum
wrote:

Thanks for your thoughts, Srgnt. Don't forget that it sat all summer
without
any gas additive, even though I ran it dry last spring.
I had the shroud off yesterday and there was no obstruction of the choke.
It
moved with the lever.
When it dies, it is almost as if I pushed the throttle lever to the off
position. Nothing will keep it running. But if I push the primer button
three times, it will start right up again.
As an addendum, I put the gas that was in the can into my car, and bought
fresh can and tried to use that with some gumout. It was no help. I will
try
again this morning.

Are you sure you put the gas cap back together properly? I wonder if
there's a vacuum forming in the gas tank that's srestricting the flow
of fuel...

No, I am not, but I tried it witht he rubber 'funnel' both ways.

I have run the blower witht he cap off. It still stalls. There are only two
pieces plus the cap. I put it together whti the foam cube touching the cap
and the rubber part with the wide base over the foam and pushed down to seat
it. If this is incorrect, I don't see how else it fits. Unless I am missing
a part.

Try loosening the cap slightly and see if it stalls then.