Old 12-12-2005, 03:02 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Rupert

Default How much should a gardener cost?

Around here, Bradford, I guess you would expect 5-10 per hour.
I would be inclined to get a fixed price for clearing and getting the garden
in an OK state first.

"lawnmower man" wrote in message

Hi All

I know this is probably a thread that has been asked before and for
this i apologise. I have tried to access the archive but had no luck so
here goes!!!

Can anyone advise me as to how much a good gardener should cost to tidy
a small garden as it is a bit overgrown, and then routinely cut it and
keep it generally tidy, weeding etc.

The garden is about 5m by 10m and is about 2/3 lawn and the rest is a
kind of box hedge about 60cm high and then beds to the other 3 sides.

It is for my mother who lives in the Bradford region (West Yorkshire)
and I want her to get a good professional in who will take everything
away and make a nice job of it.

Any ideas of cost would be really appreciated so i can help her get
somebody good.

Many Thanks
Lawnmower Man

--