Old 12-12-2005, 04:00 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Sacha

Default How much should a gardener cost?

On 12/12/05 15:02, in article , "Rupert"
wrote:

Around here, Bradford, I guess you would expect 5-10 per hour.
I would be inclined to get a fixed price for clearing and getting the garden
in an OK state first.

"lawnmower man" wrote in message

Hi All

I know this is probably a thread that has been asked before and for
this i apologise. I have tried to access the archive but had no luck so
here goes!!!

Can anyone advise me as to how much a good gardener should cost to tidy
a small garden as it is a bit overgrown, and then routinely cut it and
keep it generally tidy, weeding etc.

The garden is about 5m by 10m and is about 2/3 lawn and the rest is a
kind of box hedge about 60cm high and then beds to the other 3 sides.

It is for my mother who lives in the Bradford region (West Yorkshire)
and I want her to get a good professional in who will take everything
away and make a nice job of it.

Any ideas of cost would be really appreciated so i can help her get
somebody good.

Could you try to post directly to and from urg, please? Garden Banter does
not have permission from most people here to use their posts and is simply
living off the efforts of others. I don't get garden banter posts at all,
and I doubt I'm the only one so it might be more helpful to you now and in
the future to use urg directly, if you can.
--
Sacha
www.hillhousenursery.co.uk