Old 12-12-2005, 05:00 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Kate Morgan

Default How much should a gardener cost?

Any ideas of cost would be really appreciated so i can help her get
somebody good.

The one around here charged £15 per hour min £45 two years ago and he wasn't
a trained gardener just an odd job man.

That's about the same here now, too. Our chap brings his own machinery,
too. But he doesn't garden, as such - he cuts the lawns, does the hedges in
autumn, things like that.

We have a gem who can do all the basic stuff, he also builds and
repairs stone walls, we pay him £10 per.hour plus tea and biscuits when
he has done,we get value for money :-)

kate
Gloucestershire