Old 13-12-2005, 12:12 AM posted to rec.gardens.orchids
bobc

Default South Florida Orchid

Kenni, that's a great idea (as my grandson would say) g! But I've
never been on a plane and my wife won't get on one. [But she might, if
only to shoot me for going to Florida to see an orchid show! LOL] Some
day I will, though. It would be nice meeting you, and your friends.
Father's day might or might not be warm enough - my friend Ismael
sometimes wears a jacket into July (he's from Puerto Rico and is
uncomfortable below 80F - lol)
If I ever win a large lottery jackpot, I will invite all of you up for
a show and sale _and_ come down to visit too! I'd also like to meet
Jay P. of 'The internet encyclopedia of orchid species' fame. George
Norris would be another stop. And Iris from the OGD, too. There are
many others, but I won't take up any more bytes.
Bob Campoli

Kenni Judd wrote:
Bob -- I think you could come down here, and get away from the cold, like so
many of your neighbors do, for a whole lot less than it would cost to get
all 4 of us _and_ our plants up there, but if you're inviting (and picking
up the travel tab LOL), how about a Father's Day event? Or is it still
too cold in Philly then? [Too cold for me is anything under 75F, I'm not as
tough as the orchids.] Kenni