Old 10-02-2003, 05:43 PM
Simon Avery

Default shady & wet

"Jap" wrote:

Hello Jap

J In the far corner of my garden it is shady & wet (large
J trees behind garden, no sunshine), the soil is clay and my
J lawn has died (due to the wet?) Has anybody got any ideas
J how to help my grass to grow?
J What if I where to plant some thirsty plants in the area,
J would this help?

No - even the thirstiest plant doesn't drink much in the winter.

J By the way, I am not an accomplished garderner, but I think
J I am going to give my garden a good go this year.

Improve drainage is the only way, I'm afraid. Amount of effort is
directly proportional to the effect in this one. And even then, if
it's constant shade then grass will struggle.