Old 10-02-2003, 07:20 PM
Kay Easton

Default maintenance free garden?

In article ZyP1a.1053$DT1.81242@newsfep2-gui, Dave Arthuro
writes
Thanks guys

I would pave it over (tastefully!), but one concern I have about that is how
it might affect resale value. Any thoughts on that?

Depends how big it is! 30 ft square-ish wouldn't be a problem if
described as a 'courtyard garden'. If you sell in spring, summer or
autumn, you can tart it up with extra exotic plants and make it look
really good, and then it'll be much more of an asset than a boring lawn
and border or an unkempt vole-hunting-ground.

In winter you'd do much the same, but use evergreens in tubs instead.

If it's huge (which you say it isn't) it might affect resale if all
paved.

But a small garden paved I would have thought could only increase value.
there's an awful lot of non-gardeners around!
--
Kay Easton

Edward's earthworm page:
http://www.scarboro.demon.co.uk/garden/