Old 13-12-2005, 05:56 PM posted to alt.home.lawn.garden

Default Stalling snowblower

"Frank Rosenbaum" wrote in message
Hi, all. I have a problem with my Yardman/Tecumseh snowblower stalling. It
was run out of gas in the spring and worked ok for the first two times

this
year. Now, sometimes it will run for 20 or 30 minutes and then stall other
times it won't even run long enough for me to get back to the handlebars.

It
always restarts if I push the primer button, but doesn't always stay
running. The gas cap was dropped and the rubber part and the foam part

came
out. (Am I missing any pieces?) I think I put it back together the right
way. (Foam on the post then covered by the rubber funnel with the wide

part
inside the cap and the narrow part facing into the gas tank). I have also
run the blower with the cap loose. There is fresh gas in the tank. When

the
blower stalls, it almost sounds as if it isn't getting enough gas. I am

not
at all familiar with engines so I don't know where to start. I don't want

take it apart myself, but I will if it can be fixed by a DIY.

Can anyone help??

Alternates are available: http://www.turbinesbygateway.com/snowblowers.html