Old 14-12-2005, 01:13 AM posted to rec.gardens.edible
Powerless Agronomist

Default White powder on lettuce

"Mozie" wrote in message

What causes a white powder on my lettuce leaves? And how do I get trid
of it? Thanks

--
Mozie

If it is on bottom side of the leaves, and a high level of humiditiy, it is
Bremia lactucae(latin). Mostly use of systemic fungicide as quadris, aliette
or avi handle this. BUT if lettuce is near time when you plann to pick it, I
advise to only force the picking instead of use of fungicide.

Most of people use fungicides on copper base, but it has shown at some sorts
can affect in a way that lettuce won't form head, or it can be deformed.

But I strongly advise to use chemicals only if necesarry.

Apology for Tarzan english (not my language).