Old 13-12-2005, 11:31 PM posted to rec.aquaria.freshwater.plants
Bill Stock

Default beard alage

"§tudz" wrote in message

"Bill Stock" wrote in message
.. .

If your lighting is below 2 wpg you shouldn't need CO2. If you have a
small tank, a Yeast/Sugar CO2 generator should do.

2 wpg?

2 watts per gallon.

So you have 30 watts on your 15 gallon tank or 2 wpg. CO2 probably not
rerquired.

I have two tubes in my planted tank, which is a 15gallon tank.

1 x Arcadia - Original Tropical Lamp
1 x Arcadia - Frsh Water Lamp

Both are 15watts

I was reading one of the NGs and gound a thread about DIY CO2 kits
yesterday, so decided to read up about them.
They seem to have some draw backs, such as killing all the fish? if not
done right, and knowing my luck, lol, thats what would happen.

They can get tipped over and leak into the tank. You should make sure it
can't fall over and use a check valve.

I've seen the tetra CO2 kits on Ebay for about £5, so its not breaking the
bank, well at the moment it is, damn Xmas, but it wont be when I get paid.

§tudz