Old 13-12-2005, 10:37 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
TR

Default Which asparagus?

making an asparagus bed takes time
think years rather than seasons
good prep
any good variety will work
but it takes time to mature mine is a plot 8 ft by 6 ft and has taken love
and care for the last 6 years
i get a crop of about 300 good spears (i live in the cotswolds so its not
ideal ) mulch and manure and dont disturb surface weed but leave the bloody
plot alone is my advice the crowns need to come from a reputable supplier
out of the 30 or so i planted originaly maybe 20 are there still
who knows as the buggers spring up where n when they like
and as an aside dont try to plant horse radish anyy where within a couple of
miles i swear the two plants are magneticaly attracted
my horseradish escaped from its bucket and is running riot bloody stuff
hope this helps
dave
"grawrc" wrote in message
ps.com...
I am intending to plant an asparagus bed in the spring and wondered
whether anyone had any recommendations as to which sort I should plant?
Thanks for your help.
Anne