Old 14-12-2005, 02:04 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Phil L

Default How much should a gardener cost?

Chris Bacon wrote:
Phil L wrote:
Mike wrote:
That's both of you net nanny owners of this newsgroup had a go now.
Just what is the matter with the pair of you that you BOTH have to
'Have a go' at both the poster and Garden banter?

I don't think anyone had a go at the OP, just gardenbanter, which is
surreptitiously using our postings to gain income,
(if you ever visit that hideous place you will see the adverts
littered around all over the website for which he gets an income)
and I alos don't agree with my ramblings being placed on a website
which doesn't have my permission, where does it end?

Out of curiosity, I've just had a look at gardenbanter - I can't
see intrusive ads, and AFAIK there's no reason that posts from
u.r.g shouldn't be incorporated into such a venture. The newsfeed
seems to be complete for u.r.g, as well - it's even got anti-G.B.
posts from "Sacha" and "Janet Baraclough" as well as your comments.
While I don't think I'd particularly enjoy using their interface,
I can't see a big problem with it.

The ads aren't intrusive, IE not popups or similar but they are there, just
clicking on the UK 'banter' department gives you this page, which contains
no less than 15 advertsement links:
https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/united-kingdom/

clicking on any of the threads gives different adverts, EG clicking the one
about 'planting bulbs on a late...' gives specific ads relating to bulbs,
"buy flower bulbs direct" £buy flower bulbs for less" Flower bulbs are us"
etc etc...clicking on the post entitled 'gates' brings up similar garbage
"foxwedge gates Ltd" " jacksons security fencing" and so on.