Old 10-02-2003, 09:32 PM
sacha

Default Alstromeria from B&Q

in article , Martin Brown at
wrote on 10/2/03 9:30 pm:

ned wrote:

eddy wrote:
i have a bagfull of these crowns in a bag.
i want to get them in pots right away , but i read that the roots
dont like any disturbance so i am wondering if its wise?
Maybe they wont cope with a moving later.
legend seems to have it that they are somewhat fickle ...difficult
to get going..
what do readers think on this one?
(i am not sure what type these are ..)

...... If I can add to the legend, yes I found them difficult to get
going but that was in fairly heavy soil. In different circumstances,
they proliferated to weed like proportions and I found it difficult to
get rid of them. Given the opportunity, they root quite deeply and it
can be difficult to confine them.

They are peculiar. Very hard to get started but if you put them in
somewhere they like they can easily take over. snip

Just a bit of curiosity on my part. Which *colour* of Alstromeria? The
orange ones are bullies but the other, more subtle colours? Not bullies at
all, so far as I know.
--
Sacha
www.hillhousenursery.co.uk