Old 15-12-2005, 01:39 AM
sockiescat sockiescat is offline
Registered User

Smile

] wrote:
The Sandhill Crane is the more common relative of the vary rare and
endangered Whooping Crane.

Every year tens of thousands of them migrate from the northern US and
Canada to the Gulf of Mexico for the Winter. We see them flying over in
large "V" formation flocks in Spring and Fall.

I saw quite a few of them in Florida around Thanksgiving. They were
foraging along the shores of ponds at a golf course. I also saw a
large flock circling over the house we stayed at. Impressive birds.

J. Del Col

we have had a pair of cranes living down along our creek bed the last few years im not sure what kind they are but they sure are beautiful to watch i cant get over the wingspan that they have.
thanks for sharing your great pics with us all. sockiescat.