Old 10-02-2003, 11:31 PM
Sue & Bob Hobden

Default maintenance free garden?

"sacha" wrote in message
But if he does start with paved over, *attractive* (mega important word
there) stones, cobbles, (I *love* cobbles and long to use them somewhere,
sometime) or even different types of paving/stone/cobbles to add interest,
plus pots with plants of their choice, this could be a *fantastic* small

and
above all, enjoyed, garden. THIS garden will be all about design, textures
and harmony of *natural* materials but above all, enjoyable use. Stone
slabs, bricks, terracotta pots, water, carefully chosen plants in those

pots
etc. etc. It wouldn't be all about unwanted, grudgingly mown lawn and
rigidly kept to the side, depressed borders.
I would so much rather buy a house with a garden like that which had been
thought about and looked after to its minimal requirements, than a house
with an unloved, unkempt garden, because I would immediately wonder if

that
attitude reflected on the house itself. (No offence to the OP, BTW, I'm
speaking very broadly here!)
--

When I designed my sister-in-laws garden, a very small patch of tatty grass
originally, I basically paved it with pavers and built two 1 m square and

--
Bob

Runnymede fighting for it's existence.