Old 15-12-2005, 12:50 AM posted to rec.aquaria.freshwater.plants
Bill Stock

Default beard alage

"§tudz" wrote in message

"Bill Stock" wrote in message

2 watts per gallon.

So you have 30 watts on your 15 gallon tank or 2 wpg. CO2 probably not
rerquired.

They can get tipped over and leak into the tank. You should make sure it
can't fall over and use a check valve.

right, so you would say I don't need a CO2 kit?

Do your plants pearl (give off O2 bubbles) after you do a large water
change? If the answer is yes, you may benefit from adding CO2. Even if they
don't pearl after a water change, you may still benefit from a water change.
It depends on the amount of CO2 in your water. Comapre the PH of your water
fresh out of the tap and after it sits about 24 hours. although it sounds
like you're doing OK based on your notes below.

While done the clean yesterday, I notice one of the filters was not
working properly, so I clean it up, and its working great again.

oh and yeah, its only 15gal but has two filters as it was over stocked,
prob still is.

This will provide lots of Nitrates (probably Phosphate too) for your plants.
So as long as your fish are healthy, proably not an issue.

Filters:
» Fluval - 2Plus
» Furplast - BluCompact02

I've also done some replacement of some of the plants, as the have
multiplied, mostly the dwarf swords have, so they are move spred out now,
so they have room to grow.
if the continue to grow like that I'll have a forest in the tank in no
time.

I have a red Sword (or what I think is a red sword) in the tank as well,
I've had to cut back a lot of the leaves as they were dead, but they grow
back pretty well, don't they?
well that what I read some place.

I've got a few 'Red' Swords, a Rubin, a Rose and an Osiris. The Rose was
doing poorly for a while, but has really done well since I started paying
more attention to the nutrient levels (low Phosphate). It has practically
taken over the tank as you say.

in one of my tanks I have 5 platies, 3 females and 2 males. in the
planeted tank I have 1 young male platey, he is about maybe two months old
now, if I took one of the males from the other tank and placed it in the
planeted tank, to eat the H/A (As I've seen the young platy munching on it
alot) would they battle each other, even without any females about?

I don't know much about Platies, I've always avoided live bearers.

Thanks for all your help so far,

§tudz