Old 15-12-2005, 01:29 PM posted to rec.gardens.orchids
Toni

Default Who We Are revisited

-- Who am I and What Is My Gender?

I am Toni Carroll- a woman.

-- Where am I? Where do I grow?

I am in South Florida- northern Broward County

-- What do I grow?

I have many Dends naturalized in trees, and am now naturalizing Phals as
well. Lots of Vandas and similar, a few Catts, a few Brassavolas, Oncids
etc. My favorite genus is Encyclia. I try and grow a little bit of
everything that will do well here, so I have a fair number of different
genus plants. I prefer species plants over floof. All of my plants remain
outdoors unless a freeze or hurricane is expected, and the naturalized ones
of course stay out regardless. And although I do feed weakly weekly none of
them have ever been coddled or sprayed for anything. Cosmetic damage is
acceptable 'round here.
I have begun a page of photos here-
http://www.cearbhaill.com/orchids.htm

-- The decade of my age?

5th

-- How long have I been growing orchids?

Casually since 1991. I have been more actively collecting for a couple of
years.

-- My biggest orchid accomplishment(s)?

None.
Except for the somewhat noteworthy fact that I can never recall ever having
had one die.

-- Miscellaneous Info...

We have Irish Wolfhounds and are active in the dog community, take drum
lessons, and also collect 60's Yankee and classic rock memorablia.

--
Toni
South Florida USA