Old 15-12-2005, 10:06 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Chris Bacon

Default How much should a gardener cost?

Rupert wrote:
"Janet Baraclough" wrote...
The message from Chris Bacon contains these words:
PammyT wrote:
how can I stop the garden banter posts
You can stop seeing them by using a killfile,
or similar. I don't think you can't stop them
being posted.

Anyone certainly can prevent their original usenet posts appearing on
gardenbanter, by prefacing each one "x-no-archive-yes". My newsreader
offers that as an automated option. Set it and forget it.

And for those folk using Outlook Express you can do it this way (a bit of a
fag)
http://www.helpwithwindows.com/windows95/oe-24.html

Hi Rupert - there are disadvantages to using xno=y, in that
articles aren't retained by any of the bigger repositories
such as google - so people interested in previously answered
questions can't retrieve them. I'm certainly *not* setting
it simply to avoid a tin-pot concern like G.B. (or DIYB) from
presenting my post to non-Usenet users. I think that the
disadvantages, in the wider scheme of things, far outweigh
any "advantages". What do you think?