Old 15-12-2005, 06:35 PM posted to sci.bio.botany
mel turner

Default Help identifying a plant

"Ed" wrote in
message ...

Could someone please help me identify this plant...

http://www.user.shentel.net/eddie180/FP/100_0846e.jpg

This is a viney plant in an arboretum in Northern Virginia growing
on a tree. We thought it might be mistletoe, but it had red berries.
Its rather cold here now, but the leaves on this plant are green
and the berries fully developed.

_Euonymus fortunei_, a widespread and common introduced
species from China. Unlike the native Euonymus americana,
it's often a climber. Although often invasive, it's commonly
cultivated as an ornamental vine or shrub.

http://www.nps.gov/plants/alien/fact/eufo1.htm
http://mdc.mo.gov/nathis/exotic/vegman/twentyse.htm
http://www.issg.org/database/species...=575&fr=1&sts=
http://www.cas.vanderbilt.edu/bioima...cies/eufo5.htm