Old 15-12-2005, 07:30 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Nick Maclaren

Default Holboellia fruits

In article ,
Charlie Pridham wrote:

Like you I never get fruit on my Holboellia's We have two forms of
H.latifolia (I think) and I have recently got hold of H. coricacea (again I
think!) its leaves are certainly markedly different being twice as long and
half as wide but I shall have to wait for the flowers to know whether I have
it right this time.

Well, several authorities consider that they are just different
forms of the same species.

Akebia is another edible fruit plant that never sets fruit
with me allthough it flowers profusely every year.

Does it produce female flowers? Mine doesn't, and nor did my mother's
(in Wiltshire). Anyway, Bean thinks that it may be self-sterile.

Regards,
Nick Maclaren.