Old 15-12-2005, 09:59 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Neil Tonks

Default To Janet and Spider

Please don't let the arguing put you off. There are still some knowledgable
posters here and as with all newsgrups you soon learn who to respect and who
to ignore.

Neil.

"Marilyn" wrote in message
Janet,
I have been lurking here for a few weeks but have not posted before. This
newsgroup seems to have its fair share of trolls and troublemakers, and I
can understand that you have to deal with them firmly.
I have to say though that you seem to have been very unfair to Spider in
the 'gates' thread. From what I can see she has not joined in any of the
trolling, and I have learned several things from her helpful replies to
people in this group.
In this particular thread she made what seems to be an honest mistake, and
when you pointed this out she admitted it and apologised, even offering to
leave the group.
To apologise is a decent and honorable thing, but you seem to have turned
it onto a crime. What more could she do? If you had responded to me like
that I would be very offended.
There is a lot of interesting discussion on this group, but I will not be
taking part now because it is likely that at some time I might make a
similar mistake and I do not want to be treated in the same way.
I expect you will tell me to mind my own business, but I wanted Spider to
know that at least one person understands how she feels!

Marilyn

from "Spider" contains these words:

If you think I am a troll, you must say
so and I will leave the group. (snip) I would be grateful for
your response so that I may quit the group or continue within in it.

First, you misinform a newbie. Then you claim innocent ignorance of
this group's well publicised views on advertising. Then you feign
ignorance of a longterm well-publicised troll agenda to do exactly that.
Then you pretend that I control your presence on this group; which is
another lie on the troll agenda here, and demand a reply, which is
another troll habit.

You're tying a noose round your own neck....just like Puce and Crowe.