Old 15-12-2005, 11:31 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Mikey

Default Oh for Tesco's sprouts

Bob Hobden wrote:
"Trevor" wrote ...

I have to agree with my wife. My home grown sprouts taste dreadful compared
with Tesco's. Sprouts are my favourite veg, but not these. Where can I have
gone wrong?

Sprouts are the only veg I ever grow non organically. I find I have to
give the caterpillars a blast in July otherwise when we get back from hols
there'll be none left.

Probably just a difference in variety, what varieties did you grow?
We usually grow Trafalgar and Icarus (both from T & M)
Were yours bitter to the taste? (old fashioned varieties were)

or is it just that they actually taste of something?
....also do you wait for a frost?