Old 16-12-2005, 05:52 AM posted to rec.aquaria.freshwater.plants
stareee

Default CO2 contraptions- Red Sea

I am using red sea co2 now. Of course, i am using DIY yeast after I ran out
of first refill. In my opinion, if i could do that again, i would have spent
more to get a pressured co2. It is much easy to control and doesn't need
refill every 1 or 2 weeks. Also it is not as easy as DIY co2 to cause algae
problems. Hope it helps.

"fusQuanto" wrote in message
is anyone familiar with the red sea co2 injector? is it worth buying? it
has a powered head that delivers the co2 into the aquarium, sounds like it
would suck in lots of co2 too fast, thus making you buy new product to
refill it for $$$. of course, id use the DIY yeast method thereafter.

also at petsmart they have this other co2 contraption that is very similar
to red sea's, except the delivery method is similar to one of those
gumball machines delivery thing where the gumball goes round and round and
round before dispensing. the idea is to let the co2 bubble get absorbed by
the water as long as possible. however, the red sea one does not account
for this. is this marketing hoopla or is there some biological basis for
it?