Old 16-12-2005, 08:42 AM posted to rec.gardens
presley

Default Six days

Well, if you're not a morning person - (and I'm not), the length of daylight
is less important than the all-important sunset. The shortest length of
daylight is Dec. 21, but because the sunrise and sunset are out of synch,
the sun has actually already begun setting later and later each day (after
Dec. 12) YIPPEE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
(well, yes, it's only about 1 minute later than a week ago, but ,
"Chuckie" wrote in message
oups.com...
I was examining the calender and noticed that in six days it will be
winter. Which on the positive side is okay because it bring us that
much closer to spring.
Also the shortest day of the year ( December 21st ) gives us hope
because the days only get longer from that piont forward
Chuckie in the frozen north zone 5