Old 16-12-2005, 09:02 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Mike

Default OT More form filling

Not quite the same thing but I filled out a DTI form for export statistics
stating that we had exported 1 milligram of a weird organic chemical at
£1800 which translated through their system at £1800,000,000 per ton.
(£1.8bn?)
We had vast fun with the men from the Ministry until they realised we were
not the saviours of the British Economy.

I love officialdom and forms :-))

My first factory was a Starter Unit and was in the days of separate rates
and water rates. Southern Water wrote to us, all 18 new units slapping a
water rate on us. Wrong. We sent the forms back. 'No water = no water rates'
Back came the forms, 'The rain falling on the roof goes into the drains.
Herewith your water rate forms" Wrong. 'These starter units are on reclaimed
marsh land and the water is returned to the marshes' by now I have got
involved because I was on the Chamber of Commerce Small Business Club
Committee and dragged the local MP and Enterprise Agency Director in :-))

Back came the forms, "You have toilet facilities". Correct, "but still wrong
to send the forms to us 18 Unit holders. The toilet and wash room block is
still owned, managed and cleaned by the Landlord and we pay a weekly rent as
a seperate item for this. Go see the Landlord, Papers returned herewith"

We won :-)) of course. They chose the wrong person in picking on me :-))

Mike